13 March 2013

Water and Air

Ok I had an amazing night with Lars recently and I forgot to write about it. I have a theory...which is that I was so terrified at one point I blocked it out.  I'll explain...
We rode the tram with the intent of riding the Pancake Boat or Pannenkoekenboot and then going to the Euromast.





And now a little video for all of you :)


  

So a little back-story on the video...
We are riding along about 20 minutes into the ride...about time enough for a kid to eat one, maybe 2, pancakes.  Then I see kids running around and hear this noise. So I follow the movement and see a kid disappear beneath the stairs and the unmistakeable sound of balls in a ball pit.  I was like O M G...there is a ball pit!  I want to go all "Sheldon" on it....get in and pop up randomly yelling "Bazinga!".  He dared me to...I declined.  I dared him to yet we both stayed on deck.  Sadly...I think if my price had been right he might have actually done it.
They had 3 types of pancakes - regular, apple and bacon.  HOLD UP! Bacon??  I know!  Bacon...IN a pancake.  I was all OVER that! However....I was all over it after I'd already had 2 pancakes.  I was so excited to eat it that I didn't take a photo (I know, bad photograher/blogger.) and too full after it was gone to eat another one so I could take a photo.  Kinda pathetic, I know.
The bar in the video had things like sprinkles, fruit, and shredded cheese...and on the table there were 2 kinds of syrup and a canister of powdered sugar.  Lars and I were happy people.  On a boat, seeing Rotterdam at night and eating pancakes.  

Then it was over and it was time for me to have the pancakes scared out of me...
Time for the Euromast...





So this has 3 observation points.  These photos and the video were taken from the first one that is about 315 ft and it is where the restaurant is located.  Then you go up about 5 steps, which are on the outside of the stupid tower...can you tell I was not happy about this?  Anyway, then you get in an elevator that takes you to this round, glass paneled, spinning thing that takes you up to a height of 280 more ft.  I was so freaked out at 315 and then the 5 more steps up that I panicked and started to cry...I could not go any higher.  Lars was incredibly sweet about it and would not go up without me, no matter how hard I tried to convince him.  
Maybe next time I come to Holland I can bring the kids and Isaac can go up with him :).

EDIT - At the end of the video you can hear me say something about the material freaking me out. I was referring to this mat they had covering the entire platform.  It looked like the mats you have in the back of restaurants that have big round holes in them, made of rubber, to allow water to go to the floor instead of building up around your feet. Like this...


  The problem with this is that it was spongy and it felt like, with each step, that I was going to fall through the floor. I just didn't want to move an inch.  When we got to the second deck it was just concrete and much easier to walk on...I wish that I had taken more pics at this point though.

So there you go...a wonderful night with my husband...even if it was a little scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment