12 March 2013

Blijdorp {Part 2}

So after lunch we went back to the gift shop and found something else to purchase.  I then picked up something else to look out and Lars quickly showed me the way out of the store.  Our shopping time was done.
Outside it was time for the feeding of the sea lions.  I got most of the feeding recorded but when I zoomed out to show you more sea lions it also made it where you couldn't hear the man talking anymore. Its also nearly 10 minutes long so I'm not sure I'm going to post it.  If I get really ambitious by the end of this post I might try to upload it.-
Waiting to be fed.
Next up we had polar bears.  I hoped to see them frolicking in the water...but I saw this instead...



Has his/her tongue hanging out like a puppy :)
 Then we wandered onto some pretty birds hanging out in water...
 Lars and I made a new friend...


No it isn't real...but wouldn't that have been kinda awesome?
Ok everyone, say it with me: AWWWWWWW!!

I thought the rhino was cool.  Then this little girl started talking to Lars in Dutch and he answered her and then he was gone.  I scanned the room for him and saw him crouched down at the edge of the pen.  Turns out that in that little cave beside momma is a baby rhino that the little girl was telling him about. So cute :)  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a pic of it.


Lars likes to surprise me...sometimes I don't like his surprises.  That was the case with this swinging bridge.  It turned out to be pretty cool though and the kid behind us didn't bounce it too much.


Pretty kitty!

So adorable how it is curled up like a house cat :)
One of the many unique statues in the zoo. 

RED PANDA!!! So adorable.

So on the way home we decided to have some pasta in Rotterdam Centraal - the train/bus/subway station in Rotterdam.  Julia's Pasta was amazing.  We went in, ordered the type (we had carbonara) and then ordered the noodles from a choice of 4.  We both got tortellini...and it was amazing.  The only seating was a row of 3 stools and this really cool butcher block style counter.  I snagged us 2 of the chairs and waited...


with spring onion and cooked pork (that is what they called it...I call it real bacon bits!)
The man and woman working in here were very nice and she cooked it really fast for us.  Everything was amazing.  Perfect amount of sauce and perfectly seasoned.  I wish we had tried this place sooner :)

So I tried to upload the video but blogger won't let me so I'll try it on youtube and post it later if it lets me.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment