08 January 2013

Lazy Days and Ikea

So we are finally into 2013 as far as this blog is concerned. I hope that your year is going great so far :)  Mine is pretty fantastic.  The 1st was a pretty lazy day but we found time to make a few pictures...so with embarrassment I'll show some now...
 This is how Lars suggested I wear my new beret that Corrie made me...I'm pretty sure this isn't it.
 Ahh....that's a better look.



This is a Diet Coke. I got this one at the mall here in Rotterdam.  It looked like fish-net stockings.

The 2nd was a special day for me.  I don't remember when I'd first heard of Ikea, but I have had catalog's for a long time, but I'd never been to one. Its not like I can run to Chicago any time I want to.  SO - Lars took me to Ikea here :D.  I was pretty excited...I won't lie. I was like a kid in a candy store.  


 I love this little kid's table.  Wouldn't this be adorable for Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner? :)
 The map is very misleading...this does NOT show you how huge this place really is.  I was deceived when I saw this...and incredibly tired when I left.
 This is a chair that I want in my photo studio one day...like waiting chairs set up in the gallery section.  Probably in a gun-metal gray.
 The office I'd love to have in my studio.  This doesn't show it all well, but I'm in love.  We did find a high-back orange desk chair that would go perfectly also.
 We decided to have lunch there after all.  The price wasn't bad, like I thought it would be.  We had Swedish meatballs (of course) and some kind of apple cake/pie.  Mine had walnuts on it...so yummy.

 How adorable is this? Cart parking!  Love it.
 We had a lot of fun decorating the apartment.  This would be the soap pump for the kitchen.
 This is the toilet-paper holder for the loo,
 The top bars, the horizontal ones, is the towel rack that we want for the shower room. We also found some shelves to match it that would look great. Since his shower is just one room (nothing like what we have in the states) there needs to be a place off the floor that you can put your clothes or dry towels. We also plan to get a couple of the shelves for the kitchen.  This place would look so amazing if we could do some of the work that we can see in our heads. We did buy some rods for the kitchen. They have attachments that you can put on them that will hold buckets/planters for herbs or hooks for utensils.

This is us during our 26 minute wait for the bus to go back home.  We had gotten there just a one was leaving :(.  He looks frightened or annoyed but I promise he wasn't....he is just a brat.  I will get him used to having his picture taken.
What I didn't get a photo of was Lars flailing around in a chair. He had been trying out nearly every couch and chair as we walked along and at a point he flopped down in one but it turned out to be a rocker/swivel chair and his arms and legs kicked out at every direction and his bag went flying out of his hand.  I couldn't help it...I doubled over laughing and I thought we'd gotten away with him not being seen but then I heard people laughing beside me. It was pretty awesome. He handled it like a pro...I wonder if anything phases him. I would have been mortified...and that is probably why I don't try out chairs in public places :)

No comments:

Post a Comment