07 January 2013

Fireworks over Rotterdam :)

So I really wanted to do this post on New Year's day, but...yeah...things have been crazy and Lars is really, REALLY distracting.  I'm posting a 13 minute video of fireworks.  We went upstairs, which is like the 4th floor, where the shower and a bedroom are located...his apartment has space on the 2nd and 4th floor.
When we got upstairs the fireworks were already going off and we still had 5 minutes until midnight.  Well...they had been going off for 3 days already...but at this point it was pandemonium.  I'm also including a video I took from before we went upstairs that I just remembered.


I was expecting to see the fireworks in the distance that would be going off over the Erasmus bridge...I wasn't expecting a panoramic view of fireworks all over the city...and I didn't know they'd be going off for over an hour after either, lol.



 It was breathtaking and awe-inspiring...just as most of this trip has been.  When I thought 'fireworks display' when I was a kid, THIS is what I had imagined.  I wish more than anything that I could have everyone see it in person the way I did....this video can't even start to convey how amazing it was.  BUT I do hope you get some enjoyment out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment