18 February 2013

Wedding - Part 2

We made our entrance....






Yes it was awkward being the center of attention and having to talk...we all know that isn't me.  It was worth it though...such a wonderful day.



In the photo below, Lars and I are signing the marriage certificate.  After we got done his parents came and signed as our witness'.


Pictured above: Renata, Roald, My new Hubby, Yours Truly, Piet and Corrie

Man and Wife...Finally!!
This one above is one of my favorites from the day. This photo was Piet's idea (my new father-in-law) and I think it is so sweet. These were taken at a park.  One of the reasons we chose to take photos in the park that day was due to the past - we got married in the same place as his parents and there are photos of them in the park also.  Enough said :).


I HAD to have a photo with the windmill in the distance behind me.  I had seen it when we drove to the park and I can't tell you how excited I was when you could see it from the park. Thank you to Piet for holding our coats for us and to Corrie for taking the beautiful photos.



 For the record...he got icing in my nose, lol.  The cake was amazing.  Crust and whipped cream with hazelnuts.  Very tasty :)

Now for some story...I wanted to get Lars a tie but we had a hard time finding one that was just right.  I wasn't even sure what the color would be as I knew nothing of the flowers.  We teased each other in the mall about me getting him a pink or purple tie and, of course, he turned them all down vehemently.  He said "I'll just borrow one from my dad." SO....we went to his parent's house for the dress fitting and we had a look at his dad's ties.  Can you guess what colors they all were????  Oh I loved the look on his face when his mom opened the cabinet and they were all shades of pinks and purples.  He did try one on that was magenta and it looked lovely on him...but I knew it wasn't going to work for us.
Corrie offered to make ties for him and Piet. Yellow to match the flowers.  She had never made a tie before but was up to the challenge and she did an AWESOME job.  They were cotton but perfectly made. She also made the wrap that I had over my dress.  The front of the dress had to be adjusted a little but there was no way to fix the back - it went down too low and showed my undergarments.  So she came up with the wrap to help me hide it.  It also kept me warm which was nice on such a chilly day.

I have more to post about the day but this post is long already.  I'll post more tomorrow and follow it up with the adventures from our honeymoon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Kendra you look so beautiful and HAPPY!!!! Many blessing to you both!!

    ReplyDelete