16 January 2013

Setting the Date

In order to get married we had one more thing to take care of.  Lars and I had to go back to Dordrecht to arrange a time for our wedding. We had done a lot of talking and, in an effort to save money, had decided to go the free route with a simple 10 minute civil union - sign the paper and out we go.  We thought that using the money for a fun thing or two would be better.
The city of Dordrecht had other plans for us.  Turns out that is a pretty popular way to go and they didn't have an open appointment until May...which would not work out for me. So we were back to the original idea...getting married in Stadhuis.  In our hearts that is what we had wanted anyway.  Him in a nice suit, me in a white dress, married the same place as his parents - it was something we had been dreaming of for a while.  I will admit, when I thought it wouldn't happen, I was pretty heartbroken.
It all worked out for us pretty great after all.
AND finally having that wedding date set in stone is pretty amazing too.  On February 11th I will be marrying my best friend.  We both know that it won't be the end to our problems. It has been a long, hard road to get here - for both of us - but I would do it all over again any time.  I'm sure he would feel the same way. Having someone like him in my life is far more amazing that I ever could have imagined.

I'm adding in a few more pics for all of you. You know, its funny...I brought my film camera and my Canon DSLR....yet all I have used for all these photos is a Canon Powershot A3300IS.  Thank you Piet for letting me borrow it.  It is definitely an awesome little camera.

Ok so this photo below is inside the subway. Usually its pretty full...I was excited to grab a moment where I wouldn't have people staring at me like I was insane.

My handsome husband-to-be on the train :).

Inside the train...gotta love the crazy colors.


I wish I had gotten a better shot of this.  It was raining outside so it was hard to get the shot anyway...and the first time I took it the flash was on.  Anyway, this one wall of a building says IT WAS ALL A DREAM...I love it.
These next few photos are taken in a park in Dordrecht that is near where Lars' parents live.  I wanted to get some shots of the playground stuff for my kiddos.  They can't wait to visit so they can play on it.


 



In the middle of the park is a pond. It was host to many ducks and 3 swans that day.  So majestic :)

 
Near the edge of the park is this bridge.  We couldn't cross it because it was drawn up that day, but it was pretty cool.  A mini draw-bridge.

At a certain point we had to go under the train track and the street.  It was a little strange and when the train went over our heads I just wanted to run out of there....and I wouldn't be caught in it at night...but it was cool.
Another shot of Bezem sleeping on the couch :)

 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment