15 January 2013

Dordrecht Part 2

This is to finish up the first trip through Dordrecht. It is mostly photos :) First we have more photos of the Grote Kerk...














 Down this street (with the flags) I purchased the cutest bracelet.  It was a shop where you could get some coffee, sit at the little table with your friends (the locals), or buy their cute little souvenirs (for people like me).
For the picture below, the building that looks like it's leaning....IS leaning.  The building beside it is leaning a bit as well.  Its actually fairly common to see this here and it fascinates me.



  

  

 
 The photo above is a fish vendor that was part of the open-air market.  I got a few strange looks for taking this but seriously....how could I not? So many colors and people...one of my favorite snaps so far. The photo below...the very fuzzy photo below (hey, you take a photo while walking and chewing at the same time!)...is of a super delicious treat.  Its a waffle...sliced in half and the inside is covered with syrup...then it is put back together and you eat it.  A-maz-ing! Its called stroopwaffel.


 Special Note: I see a lot of visitors to this blog from various parts of the world...I would love to hear from you.  Be nice though please....my kids read this also :) 


1 comment:

  1. Kendra, this blog is GREAT and the photos are ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!! So jealous and can't wait to hear about all your adventures! Miss You Bunches!

    ReplyDelete