03 January 2013

Day 2 - 12/29

Day 2 was my first excursion :)  This post has pics and videos..yay! I know some of you are screaming "FINALLY!!"

So we start with a video that DOES NOT depict the horror of these stairs in an accurate way, BUT I'm just putting it here for posterity's sake.


So we left the house and got on the subway that took us to the Erasmus Bridge..that is truly impressive when you are standing near it and terrifying to walk across for someone who kinda gets freaked out by bridges :) In the following video you see the escalator that we just came up from the subway and some of the surrounding buildings that I giggle over just for their sheer size and I've obviously lived in a bubble because tall buildings make me giggle.


 I love architecture...this building is so cool to me :)
Across the bridge
This was an 'island' to the right of the bridge.
...And the bridge that connects it to the other side of Rotterdam
Me in my new hat outside a souvenir shop under the bridge.
The Pancake Boat that I would love to ride...they serve all you can eat pancakes, lol
The bridge at night...um...obviously :)

The following pics are of the Wereld Museum where they had a samurai exhibit. Lars had seen it already but when we walked up and I saw that they still had it I HAD to see it too.  I was jealous when is brother took him for his birthday :).  No cameras were allowed inside, but I took these two shots of the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment