29 December 2012

 Everything seemed to go the wrong way getting ready for the trip, so I can't say that I had the most confidence when it came to the flight stuff going well.  When I got to the airport, thank you to Misti and Jon, the guy at check-in told me that the plane to Chicago was late due to heavy weather on the east coast.  Instead of leaving at 1:50 I ended up leaving around 3:30 from Springfield.

I had looked at seating on the internet and thought I had a pretty good judge for interior space.  Then I walked onto the plane and just wanted to freak out.  Three seats and an aisle....that was it...and not only did I have an aisle seat, I also had a window seat.  Wouldn't matter though...any seat in that plane would have been a window seat.


At the point of this photo I was excited that I had a seat over the wing and could still see beyond it.  I was looking forward to looking out and seeing stuff.  I had been in a helicopter and loved seeing the stuff down below.  I kept saying, "Hey, if I can handle a helicopter then I can handle a plane, pssht".....

Famous Freaking Last Words...

Helicopters and planes are different.  Helicopter is a little bubble, planes are giant metal tubes with wings.  I prefer a helicopter any day.  For one, they don't go up as high as a plane.  We took off and as soon as the wheels came off the ground I was grinning and excited. I looked out the window and was happy, took a couple of pics...and I realized I was a lot higher than I expected to be and the plane would flip and flop just whenever it felt like it and I spent the rest of the hour with my eyes shut and a book blaring from my ipod.  I needed something to drown out the sound of things creaking.


Around this time I started writing things in my Ipod as they happened...this is what I wrote:

-Sometime before 4:12 but when I was too afraid to move: omgomgomgomgomg whatthecrapamidoing??? Oh Pretty...ohFUCK!...oh look there is misti's snow...wait...that's clouds...breathebreathebreathe...


-Seagrams and 4 little bottles of vodka...2 for him and 2 for the wifey...I want what he's having (4:12 pm)

- 4:22 wow...like white cloud waves...so beautiful...oh wow its like we are gonna go through it...omgomgomgomgomg clouds are bumpy!!! Its like bouncing around on rocks!...wow, that felt like a nosedive...how do people get used to this?....my ear hurts...

      (the cloud waves...these were so cool...thick and I couldn't see anything through these)
After we went through 2 groups of these clouds we landed in Chicago. I was so excited to see lights and we had gotten so low to the ground at this point that it felt like I could reach down and touch their roofs.  I liked this better than being up really high....it was more like my helicopter ride.

Ok this took a long time to write because SOMEONE  won't stop talking to me, lol...but here is part one of the flights I took yesterday. I have SO much more to write :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment